• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland



  • Passports and temporary passports are issued to Polish citizens at their request.


    Submission of the application for a passport and the receipt of the passport is done personally. On behalf of the minor both parents, unless on the basis of the decision of the court one of the parents has been deprived of parental authority or power was limited, apply for child’s passport. The application submitted by one parent with the written consent and certified signature of the other is acknowledged as correct. The receipt of the passport can be done by just one parent.



    Documents required:

    1. The application form, and respectively the consent of the parents in the case of applying for a passport for a minor;

    2. Color photograph 35 x 45 mm, taken within the last six months on a plain white background, with good focus and clearly showing the eyes and face from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders, so that face occupies 70-80%; photograph is supposed to represent a person without a hat nor dark glasses, looking ahead with open eyes not covered by hair, with a natural face expression and closed lips;

    3. A document confirming Polish citizenship (certificate of citizenship, a valid identity card or passport);

    4. Consular fee payment according to the current table of fees.



    A person who has completed 13 years is obliged to sign personally the application form.

    Biometric passport is valid for a period of 10 years from the date of issue.

    Biometric passport issued to a minor under 13 years old is valid 5 years from the date of issue. Minors who have completed 12 years of age are required to submit their fingerprints.

    The temporary passport is valid for the period indicated therein, but not longer than 12 months from the date of issue.


    The temporary passport is issued to:


    1) Poles abroad awaiting their biometric passport;


    2) Poles residing temporarily in a given place to return to the place of permanent residence;

    3) Poles residing in a given place to travel for emergency issues;

    4) for any purpose other than awaiting the biometric passport, in justified cases.



    No charges apply for:

    - People 70 years and older;

    - In case of travelling for a surgery;

    -Residents of nursing homes or care centers;

    -Benefiters from social assistance or permanent allowances;

    -The replacement of the passport due to technical defect;

    -From volunteer soldiers assigned to duty outside the country.


    The waiting time for a biometric passport is approx. 5 weeks.


    The passport reported to an appropriate passport office as lost expires on that day. Such a document cannot be used any more. It is recommendable to report the loss / theft of the passport to the relevant local authorities. In a case of a loss in a country where there is no consular office, a Polish citizen can apply for the Emergency Travel Document with the diplomatic representation of another EU Member State.

    Print Print Share: